Inkdrop Desktop v5.9.0-beta.0

Hey, Inkdroppers. It’s Takuya here.

I’m happy to release the first beta version of v5.9.0 :muscle:

:mag_right: The full-text search engine is now language-agnostic

:information_source: This is the same update on mobile v5.4.0

This update would solve this issue: Odd searching issue when searching for text

The app had been using the language-dependent tokenization processes called Porter stemming algorithm and a Japanese-specific segmentation algorithm.
In some cases, they cause some odd searching issue, where you can’t find notes with particular keywords.

I recently found that SQLite3 officially supports the trigram tokenizer.
I managed to migrate to it. Now, you can use any languages including Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, etc., in your notes!
Also, it fully supports partial matching, so it is optimal for searching code snippets.
For example, it can properly find a note with a code fragment like "er } = require(".

:female_detective: Highlight matched keywords in the note list

As you can see in the above screenshot, it can now highlight matched keywords in the note list, which would help you more quickly find your desired note.

Improvements

Bug fixes

• fix(dialog): updatedAt should not be updated when the note gets moved
  • fix(theme): Cannot enable Vibrant dark theme on the light mode on the system (Thanks SDO and Marco)
  • fix(redux): prevent performing some actions on the non-existing notebooks (Thanks Akiya-san
    • Prevent opening another note when failing to save the current note
    • Prevent creating a new note in the notebook that does not exist
    • Display an error dialog when failing to create a new note
  • fix(layouts): editor view icons overlap with Search / Replace buttons (Thanks Marco)
  • fix(layout): missing window buttons on the error blank slate (Thanks gaeulbyul)
  • fix(preview): odd spacing in the metadata pane (Thanks Lukas and Dmitry)
  • fix(preferences-plugins): queries should be debounced
  • fix(theme): Missing olive tag color (Thanks Lukas)
  • fix(preferences-plugins): Blank screen from search on filter of Installed plugins (Thanks Bundit)

Download

Note: Login required

Thank you for your feedback, as always❤️

2 Likes