Hello again This time time reporting a bug as a paid user
I noticed that the search function is performing worse/not at all after the 5.6.0 update. My assumption: You changed it to look for ‘entire words’ instead of ‘contains’. In addition search does not update with every key typed. I am adding a few pictures so that it becomes obvious
Platform: macOs m1 and m2 pro
Platform version: Sonoma 14.0
App Version: 5.6.0
How to reproduce
I have a note with the Title “Performance” and am trying to search for it
that’s weird but I have changed nothing regarding the FTS.
That ‘formance’ yields nothing is an expected behavior of the Porter stemming algorithm, just like you can’t find pages including ‘performance’ by searching with the keyword ‘formance’ on Google.
Yeah, I can see the similar behavior, too. And it looks like the expected behavior of the Porter stemming algorithm.
The only way to solve this is to use bi-gram/tri-gram but SQLite itself doesn’t support it natively.