Feature ideas

Hello, I am a new Inkdrop user, so I am sorry if there is something I state that already exists (I just couldn’t find it). Here are some cool feature ideas that I believe would make Inkdrop even better!

1. Search bar in settings to search for different settings
  2. A feature where you can view the preview as you type it. Instead of having it on the side, it will render the Markdown text as you type it in the same window
  3. Maybe add a / context menu that will show you Markdown elements you can use (ex. /heading is a h1 tag, /heading2 is a h2 tag)

I personally believe these are some cool features that would make Inkdrop even better

As I said, sorry if one of these features already exists or something has already made a topic about it, I was just unable to find it.

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the suggestion and feedback.

1. Search bar in settings to search for different settings

No. Because there are not as many preferences as search bar is necessary

1. A feature where you can view the preview as you type it

No. Inkdrop will never support WYSIWYG. It’s a core concept. Check out the duplicate topics:

1. Maybe add a / context menu that will show you Markdown elements you can use (ex. /heading is a h1 tag, /heading2 is a h2 tag)

I guess the idea is from Notion, which supports various types of content.
On the other hand, Markdown itself is just a simple plain-text format.
To insert a heading, you just need to type ‘#’ instead of ‘/’, which is clear and easy.

Thanks anyway for letting me know your thoughts!

1 Like