- I have checked the troubleshooting
I have stumbled across a misbehaviour or maybe even a bug where the text-search does not match if the text search value does not contain the same special characters as that the markdown text contains.
For example if your file-/s contain “Foo bar” and you search for “Foo bar” the search will still match, but if the markdown looks like “Foo bar” the search would not match with the entered value. (as shown in the screenshot below)
As I said, this isn’t really a bug, but rather a “too” strict match between the search value and the markdown. This results in a rather unpleasant search behaviour. I’m not sure if this is a bug report or a feature request, so please let me know if I did something wrong.
- Platform: macOS/Windows (did not test on Linux as I don’t have any installed)
- Platform version: Montery 12.2.1
- App Version: Inkdrop Desktop Version 5.5.3
How to reproduce
- Create file with Foo bar and Foo bar as its contents.
- Search for Foo bar
- The Bold version of Foo should not match