Cannot click 2nd level checkbox

Bug report

Hello there,

I noticed that I cannot click nested checkboxes within the editor while the cursor is in the checkbox like:

* [ ] Level 1
  * [ ] Level 2

Level 2 in this case is not clickable.

Environment

• Platform: macOS 14.5
  • App Version: 5.8.1

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the report.
You are right - I found and fixed this bug while working on the new web app for sharing notes. This was due to the nested <label> HTML tags.
So, it will be automatically solved in the new version!

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to be fixed in Version 5.9.0-beta.0 (5.9.0-beta.0), just to let you know :v:

Thanks for letting me know! For some reason, this fix wasn’t included in the macOS build :joy: Maybe the webpack’s build cache or something. It will be landed in the beta-1!

oh wait…it works as expected in beta.0. Now, I can’t reproduce it :thinking:

Perhaps it doesn’t happen in newly created notes but still could be an issue in the old note where I initially had / have the issue?

In a new note it also works as intended.

No, the app doesn’t cache render results. Let me know if you found how to reproduce it!

With this markdown I can’t check the level 2 boxes in edit mode:

### TODO

* [x] 	very important information was here
  * [ ] 	test
  * [ ] 	  → redirect zu Start  
* [ ] 	new checkbox
* [ ] 		weder noch raus
* [ ] 	I deleted this text
1 Like

looks like a copy and paste thing because there is a tab in the level 2 checkboxes after the [ ]

This steals the focus from the clickable checkbox.

when .cm-url, .cm-formatting-task are relatively positioned it should solve this

Gotcha! I think I managed to fix it.
It was due to an invalid dependency for the useCallback in the checkbox component on the preview. That’s why it randomly happens.
I’ll let you know when the next beta build is out.

1 Like