Anchor links not working

Reported by David Labell via email

Bug report

I use TOC to put a table of contents at the top of many of my outlines. When I click on a link in the TOC on my iPhone, it fails to jump. It jumps properly in Windows.

If you have a link to a solution, I would very much appreciate seeing it. I am a happy new user of Inkdrop.

Environment

• Platform: iOS & Android
  • App Version: v5.2.0

How to reproduce

Create a note with the following content:

## TOC

## Hoge

a

a

a

a

a

a

a

a

a

a

a

a

a

a

a

### Foo

b

b

b

b

b

b

b

### Bar

c

c

c

c

c

c

c

c

c

Click an anchor link on the preview pane.

1 Like

I am experiencing exactly the same thing on my iPhone. I thought it was just me. Good thing I read through the most recent posts to avoid duplicating this entry.
I’ll look forward to see a solution or workaround as it is quite crucial for me to have TOC in my documents to jump to specific headings or subheadings.
Also, is there a specific syntax or pluging that allows you to go back to the top of the document to avoid scrolling/swiping back and forth?
Maybe I’m missing that part but could not find it on the topics discussed so far.

Just tap the navbar:

2 Likes

This is the information I wanted to know. Thank you :blush:

1 Like

How can I accomplish the same result on Windows or MacOS?

You mean how you can get back to the top on Windows or MacOS?

At least under Windows and Linux you can use this hotkey to get back to the top: ctrl-home.
And with ctrl-end you can get to the bottom.

Not exactly what I was looking for but it works for now. I was looking for a syntax like I normally use in Obsidian (I know, Inkdrop it’s a complete different app, I’m just using it as an example).
In any case, this is the syntax I normally use without any plugins, it ships with the app by default:
Back to [[Name_of_File#First_Heading#]] and it renders it like this:

You can create an anchor link manually with the following steps:

• Enable Development Mode in the General tab in the preferences
  • Right-click the heading and select Inspect Element in the context menu
  • Copy the id attribute of the heading
  • Insert an anchor link like so:
    • [Go to the first heading](#a-simple-rule-one-note-per-issue)

I’d prefer pressing Cmd-Up or Home to go to the top rather than having a link or floating button for it.
Also, please note that connecting sections across notes is not supported since Inkdrop is not a wiki-oriented app.

btw, it’s possible to create a plugin that appends a link for ‘back to top’ at the end of the note if you really want.

This is not the place for the top of note discussion, which deserves a discussion, certainly. I’d like more discussion of the topic here, ANCHOR LINKS NOT WORKING in iOS TOC. This is an important feature that works fine in Windows. Thank you guys.

1 Like

I agree, this is a deal breaker before making my final decision to subscribe and move all of my markdown content. As a Technical Writer creator, I rely heavily on my notes and having them always handy on my mobile too is crucial. This is certainly a bug since it works fine on Windows and Mac, haven’t tested on Linux yet but I assume it works fine too. The problem might be with the mobile app only.

It is already marked as a bug, which I will fix it. That’s it.