The theme being used is the default dark theme. This appears to only happen when the note is viewed in Distraction Free Mode and not in the regular mode, returning to the regular mode does not resolve the issue.
These are the only entries found in the console
electron/js2c/renderer_init.js:13 (electron) The remote module is deprecated. Use https://github.com/electron/remote instead.
log @ electron/js2c/renderer_init.js:13
<embedded>:44441 The vm module of Node.js is deprecated in the renderer process and will be removed.
get_console @ <embedded>:44441
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not parse content for file:///usr/lib/inkdrop/resources/app.asar/code.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not parse content for file:///usr/lib/inkdrop/resources/app.asar/browser-commons.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not parse content for file:///usr/lib/inkdrop/resources/app.asar/browser-main.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not parse content for file:///usr/lib/inkdrop/resources/app.asar/browser-exports.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not parse content for file:///usr/lib/inkdrop/resources/app.asar/main.css.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
Platform: Arch Linux
Platform version: 5.11.21
App Version: 5.3.0
I can recreate the issue with the following steps
Create or open a new note in Distraction Free mode
Export the note to PDF
Switch to another window
Return to the note
Click on the body or title of the note
The artifact or frame appears at the bottom. It doesn’t always appear immediately, it may take a couple of tries, however, it is repeatable.
Thank you for reporting.
That’s weird. The artifact looks like a webview created for exporting, but not hidden for some reason.
I tried to reproduce it with the given steps but couldn’t.
It seems that you are using some plugins.
How about disabling them?
Because I’ve got several issues that were caused by a plugin.
Hope that helps.
Ah, yes, it appears that the basyura/inkdrop-sidetoc is the culprit here. I disabled all of the plugins and then enabled one by one and tested with the steps that I mentioned in my original post, when exporting to PDF and then clicking on the sidetoc it shows the webview that is created.
First, you don’t have to specify height as it’s in a flex layout:
Looks like it happens when you scroll the editor or preview.
I guess the layout corrupts when the plugin calls scrollIntoView because it scrolls the entire page instead of just the sidetoc panel.
So, instead of calling scrollIntoView, you can accomplish that by doing like so:
I don’t remember why webviews don’t have display: none. I’ll check it later!