Vim-mode on mobile

First of all, I want to say that I find this App really incredible. I’ve been using Obsidian since I started taking notes in markdown and I would really love to switch to Inkdrop instead because of the stunning UI, the simplicity and the easy cross-platform support. I haven’t used it much yet, but I can tell that I’m probably gonna be really happy with it.

However there is one thing that will keep me from switching: vim-mode on mobile. I use vim a lot on my PC and have gotten really used to the keybindings when editing text. On Obsidian I use a plugin both on the desktop and the mobile version to emulate the basic functionality of vim, and I’ve been pretty happy with it. I’m a student and need an Ipad for school, so it’s really frustrating that I have to “switch” my habits between taking notes on the Ipad - in school - and on my desktop - at home. If the mobile app got support for vim-keybindings I would instantly switch. Are there any plans on implementing that in the near future?

I would love to support this project and use it in my daily life but I don’t want to deal with such a hit to my workflow.

Hi AlphaKeks,

Thanks for the question.
Glad you like it so far.
I understand you want Vim keybindings on mobile and I want it, too.
I’m currently working on rebuilding the mobile app, whose editor is built with CodeMirror 6.
However, CM6 is still in an early stage and it doesn’t support vim keybindings yet.
I’ll be happy to try it when supported.
Cheers.

Thank you for responding!
I will wait for them to be implemented then, and I’ll be happy to use your app once they’re ready.

Please keep working on this great app Takuya!

Memo: