Unable to load from Chrome OS (Debian 9.7)

Bug report

Failed to load account from file: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/username/.config/inkdrop/account
at Object.fs.openSync (fs.js:577:3)
at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as openSync] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:166:20)
at Object.fs.readFileSync (fs.js:483:33)
at Object.fs.readFileSync (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:563:29)
at e.loadAccountFromFile (/usr/lib/inkdrop/resources/app.asar/main.js:1:13014)
at Object.checkEnabled (/usr/lib/inkdrop/resources/app.asar/main.js:1:9668)
at e.checkAccountActiveness (/usr/lib/inkdrop/resources/app.asar/main.js:1:32307) +0ms

Info

• Platform: Chrome OS
  • Platform version: Debian 9.7
  • App Version: (3.9.0)

Reproduce

• Install fresh container in chrome os
  • Download the .deb file
  • $ sudo apt install ./inkdrop.deb
  • inkdrop

Linux on Chrome OS does not support snap. I have a license.

Hi Jose,

Thank you for the report.
I’m afraid that Chrome OS is not supported at the moment.

It used to work fine. I wish I hadn’t reset everything.I hacked at the key ring stuff and got it to load before. I wish I wrote down what I did. If I can’t get it to work by tomorrow. Could I cancel my account ? I just signed up today.

Please don’t hack the keyring. It causes the above error. You have to log in from the app correctly.
Yes you can cancel the payment.

Similar result with inkdrop.deb v4.1, Chrome OS and Debian 9.1.

+0ms
  app:warn Failed to load account from file: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/csutherland/.config/inkdrop/account'
    at Object.fs.openSync (fs.js:577:3)
    at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as openSync] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:166:20)
    at Object.fs.readFileSync (fs.js:483:33)
    at Object.fs.readFileSync (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:563:29)
    at /usr/lib/inkdrop/resources/app.asar/main.js:1:42296
    at Object.load (/usr/lib/inkdrop/resources/app.asar/main.js:1:42456)
    at callFunction (/usr/lib/inkdrop/resources/electron.asar/browser/rpc-server.js:251:18)
    at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/inkdrop/resources/electron.asar/browser/rpc-server.js:370:5)
    at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:182:13)
    at EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:442:20)
    at WebContents.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/inkdrop/resources/electron.asar/browser/api/web-contents.js:294:13)
    at WebContents.emit (events.js:182:13)
    at WebContents.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:442:20)
    at WebContents.topLevelDomainCallback (domain.js:121:23)
 +1s
app:error failed to log in: Error: Unknown or unsupported transport 'disabled' for address 'disabled:'

The app is working now on Chrome OS (pixelbook, 75.0.3770.88, beta channel). Not sure if it was the installation of the additional linux packages that helped, or just a restart of termina using vmc commands from the crosh terminal.

1. installed inkdrop
    wget https://api.inkdrop.app/download/linux/deb -O /tmp/inkdrop.deb && sudo dpkg -i /tmp/inkdrop.deb && rm /tmp/inkdrop.deb

2. installed additional packages to support inkdrop, per https://docs.inkdrop.app/manual/troubleshooting
    sudo apt-get install libgconf2-4 libcanberra-gtk-module libgnome-keyring0 gnome-keyring

3. restarted termina
    crosh> vmc stop termina
    crosh> vmc start termina

1 Like

Hi qcu,

Thanks for letting me know!