Syncronization got stuck

Hi! One of my notes didn’t sync from my Windows computer to my Mac. The Windows computer seemed to sync OK, but the Mac was stuck in “Syncing” for days (Didn’t have time to investigate) and restarting didn’t help.

I found App has been syncing for a long time after multiple edits, many image attachments , so I tried adding the settings described there to ~/.config/inkdrop/config.cson – and it helped! (I also lowered the batch_size for “pull” to 2 since I was having problems pulling in a note)

While this did solve my problem, I wanted to report it anyways since it seems like cases like this is something Inkdrop could perhaps handle better. For instance, it would be great if Inkdrop could show a warning when out of sync and syncing is not progressing as normal. And perhaps it could even adjust batch size settings automatically when encountering issues :slight_smile:

Btw. the note that didn’t sync contained two images, but they were only a few hundred kilobytes, so I wouldn’t expect them to cause problems. My whole library is only 2 MB when exported.

Info

• Platform: macOS
  • Platform version: 10.14.6
  • App Version: 4.4.0

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the report.
I guess that the app was just taking time for updating remote checkpointers for the sync.
In v4.4.0, I changed the configuration of the checkpointer in order for sync to be more stable across devices, but it requires a process that would take the additional time to finish the sync after updating the app.
Since the configuration you mentioned has been deprecated, I guess it just finished updating the checkpointer for your client.
If you got the same issue again, please let me know!