Synchronization Problem

Bug report

When I edit a note on desktop app it doesn’t sync with mobile app until I clicked another note or switch to another application. Is this an expected behavior?

Info

• Platform: (macOS/Windows/Ubuntu/iOS/Android)
  • Platform version: (Mojave/10/16.04)
  • App Version: (4.3.0)

Reproduce

Click a note. Type some words. Then wait for synchronization with mobile app. Don’t click another note or switch to another application. You’ll see it doesn’t sync.

Hi Onur,

Thank you for the question.
Yes, it is an intended behavior as the data sync is performed asynchronously.
If you would like to sync with other devices immediately after editing a note, please press Cmd-S/Ctrl-S.

I ran into similar issues multiple times already and i always thought it was a bug :beetle: :frowning: I have experienced this especially while editing notes on a mobile device (iphone/ipad) and then switching to the macOS app. I have been on Job interviews where i had previously edited some notes on my iPad and then couldn’t find them in the macOS application, because they weren’t synced. And in rare cases data was in sync on both of my mobile devices but not on the desktop app, despite the app telling me i had already synced a few seconds ago. To me this is very frustrating, because it makes me feel like i have lost progress on a regular bases. I don’t know if this is an application wide issue, related to this post or just an individual problem with my setup. :thinking:

Hi ELU,

Thank you for reporting it.
I understand it’s frustrating.
iOS app v4.0.0 has a bug where background sync is not working and it’s been fixed in v4.0.1 recently.
So, please check if you are using the latest version.
Data sync depends on your network and OS environment, and other external factors.
If it won’t sync, please try manually syncing from menu File -> Synchronize Notes on desktop and Synchronize notes from sidebar menu on mobile.
If you are still having the issue, please let me know how to reproduce it in detail so that I can reproduce it.