Spellcheck option in iOS version

Hello,

Is there a way to enable a spellchecker in iOS version?

@craftzdog I read your posts Inkdrop for Mobile now supports extending Markdown and A Promising Idea Towards Supporting Plugins for iOS App and I understand that adding a plugin in iOS version could be a not a simple thing.

As I understand, to do so, a spellchecker needs to be embedded in the iOS version. Do you have some plan about that?

• Platform: iOS
  • Platform version: 13.6.1
  • App Version: 4.0.1 (78)

Hi Pascal,

Thank you for the question.
I understand spellchecker is important for composing text.
Currently, it is hard in terms of implementation.
However, Inkdrop is using CodeMirror for its editor, and the new version is being developed now.
It targets mobile platforms and I’d expect that iOS’s spell checker can be enabled in this version.
There is no ETA though.

Being somebody with dyslexia I am also interested in having this option activated. Any updates on the progress?

@T_Crain
Hi.
The current editor implementation is based on CodeMirror, but its spellchecker is heavy for mobile devices because it requires loading large dictionary data.
Instead, I’m planning to rebuild the native editor from scratch as I wrote in the current roadmap here:

https://blog.inkdrop.info/the-roadmap-of-inkdrop-vol-5-251c3997bb74

With this native implementation, the iOS native spell checker can be used, which would be accurate and fast.