Sidebar does not show all Notebooks

Hey there,

Today, I discovered something I never had before.
I do not know if it is a bug or something changed without noticing it but I could not find something about it.

If I click on a Notebook in the Navbar, it normally showed all notes in it.
But now, for every new note I add, the note is invisible except I open the detail view of the notebook.
Watch the video please - can someone tell me if I need to do something additional because if a change in the software or is this a bug?
A few days ago I did not need to do anything else - just added a new note and it was there.

That’s strange.
Which app version and platform are you on?

Can you please try running the app from terminal with --enable-logging option and check if there are any errors?

Hey Takuya,

I am using the OSX Version 5.5.3 (5.5.3)

Here is the log:
/Applications/Inkdrop.app/Contents/MacOS/Inkdrop --enable-logging ─╯

[bugsnag] Loaded!
app:info Initializing inkdrop app… +0ms
app:info Arguments: /Applications/Inkdrop.app/Contents/MacOS/Inkdrop +2ms
app:info Arguments: --enable-logging +0ms
app:info Starting inkdrop app… +57ms
objc[88635]: Class WebSwapCGLLayer is implemented in both /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/libANGLE-shared.dylib (0x238bc2cc0) and /Applications/Inkdrop.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLESv2.dylib (0x1056e6978). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
app:info axios default config: { proxy: false, httpAgent: undefined, httpsAgent: undefined } +244ms
app:info Starting a session +123ms
[88632:0906/211226.897278:INFO:CONSOLE(27678)] “[bugsnag] Loaded!”, source: (27678)
[88632:0906/211227.087965:INFO:CONSOLE(26672)] “The vm module of Node.js is deprecated in the renderer process and will be removed.”, source: (26672)

Thanks for the log!

But I didn’t find any relevant logs.
I suspect that there is an exception happening during indexing notes.
Can you try editing one of the notes that is not shown on the note list while enabling the logging?
Then, can you see any errors in the terminal?

I just did it - but it seems that there is nothing changed in the logs:
/Applications/Inkdrop.app/Contents/MacOS/Inkdrop --enable-logging ─╯

[bugsnag] Loaded!
app:info Initializing inkdrop app… +0ms
app:info Arguments: /Applications/Inkdrop.app/Contents/MacOS/Inkdrop +2ms
app:info Arguments: --enable-logging +0ms
app:info Starting inkdrop app… +57ms
objc[218]: Class WebSwapCGLLayer is implemented in both /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/libANGLE-shared.dylib (0x238bc2cc0) and /Applications/Inkdrop.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLESv2.dylib (0x1059c2978). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
app:info axios default config: { proxy: false, httpAgent: undefined, httpsAgent: undefined } +249ms
app:info Starting a session +107ms
[215:0907/040151.737160:INFO:CONSOLE(27678)] “[bugsnag] Loaded!”, source: (27678)
[215:0907/040151.937194:INFO:CONSOLE(26672)] “The vm module of Node.js is deprecated in the renderer process and will be removed.”, source: (26672)

And I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the app - nothing changed. Still the same bug.

Thanks for trying. Hmm, that’s so weird.

Can you try removing the local database in the data directory?

1. quit the app
  2. Run the following commands
cd <DATA_DIR>
mv db db.bak
  1. Launch again

It will sync the whole database from the server.

1 Like

Takuya, you’re the best! This solved my problem.
It seems, that every note will now shown directly like before :smiley:

Now, if this happens again, I can simple launch this again and it should solve my problem, right?

1 Like

Good to know it’s solved!
Perhaps, you encountered a bug in PouchDB.
Yeah, you can do it again when the issue happens again.
If it happens frequently, it might be something to do with your data and we have to look into it.

1 Like