Setting a timer for a specific task

Question

As I am still fiddling with various features of Inkdrop, I was wondering if there is a way to set a timeline for a specific task?
I understand that I can set the status of one project as active and also set a ToDo list there which will automatically show me how much I have done so far. TBH, I really like this feature.
Though I certainly do not want to set a timeline for all the things I am working on, I would prefer to have a deadline for some of them.
I would really appreciate a small howto on this.
Regards,
T

Hi Tamoghna,

Thank you for the question.
Inkdrop does not provide a way to set a timer for a task.
Because I focus on improving it as a note-taking app but not as a todo management app.
So, it is not planned to be supported.
But you can create a plugin to make it fit your workflow.

Or, you can share your idea on the Discord community and someone might work on it.
You can find a few plugins regarding todo that other folks made:

https://my.inkdrop.app/plugins/search?q=todo

Hello!

I just recently found Inkdrop and I would love to help its development and I think this feature as a plugin would be great. I would like to pick it up and see how far I get on it.

As a start I think I will try and add functionality for due dates. The goal would be able to have the data stored with the note. I still have to do some looking into the API to make sure this is possible and I can store data within the DB objects.

If the above isn’t possible, not all is lost! We could still do the same functionality within state but that means the timelines wouldn’t last forever, but its a start.

• NA

Hi @NotApplicable ,

several months ago there was a discussion in the forum about saving custom data within a note. Maybe looking at this forum thread will help you:

1 Like

Thanks @Lukas I’ll check it out!
If I can’t store custom data I was also looking into using tags with a special format.

Thought I would give an update on this.

I have a small system setup with a way to create and display “due dates” for individual notes.

The due date itself is stored via a custom field (x-customField). From the discussion posted above by Lukas its clear that this approach isn’t the best. Once craftzdog gets back from vacation maybe we can start up more discussion on this topic.

Once there is a clear method of storing custom fields I will go ahead and adapt to those standards and get this released.