Setting a timer for a specific task

Question

As I am still fiddling with various features of Inkdrop, I was wondering if there is a way to set a timeline for a specific task?
I understand that I can set the status of one project as active and also set a ToDo list there which will automatically show me how much I have done so far. TBH, I really like this feature.
Though I certainly do not want to set a timeline for all the things I am working on, I would prefer to have a deadline for some of them.
I would really appreciate a small howto on this.
Regards,
T

Hi Tamoghna,

Thank you for the question.
Inkdrop does not provide a way to set a timer for a task.
Because I focus on improving it as a note-taking app but not as a todo management app.
So, it is not planned to be supported.
But you can create a plugin to make it fit your workflow.

Or, you can share your idea on the Discord community and someone might work on it.
You can find a few plugins regarding todo that other folks made:

https://my.inkdrop.app/plugins/search?q=todo

Hello!

I just recently found Inkdrop and I would love to help its development and I think this feature as a plugin would be great. I would like to pick it up and see how far I get on it.

As a start I think I will try and add functionality for due dates. The goal would be able to have the data stored with the note. I still have to do some looking into the API to make sure this is possible and I can store data within the DB objects.

If the above isnā€™t possible, not all is lost! We could still do the same functionality within state but that means the timelines wouldnā€™t last forever, but its a start.

• NA

Hi @NotApplicable ,

several months ago there was a discussion in the forum about saving custom data within a note. Maybe looking at this forum thread will help you:

1 Like

Thanks @Lukas Iā€™ll check it out!
If I canā€™t store custom data I was also looking into using tags with a special format.

Thought I would give an update on this.

I have a small system setup with a way to create and display ā€œdue datesā€ for individual notes.

The due date itself is stored via a custom field (x-customField). From the discussion posted above by Lukas its clear that this approach isnā€™t the best. Once craftzdog gets back from vacation maybe we can start up more discussion on this topic.

Once there is a clear method of storing custom fields I will go ahead and adapt to those standards and get this released.