Search results are not sortable

Bug report

When searching for notes, the results are not ordered according to the rules in the sorting dropdown, like title / date created / date updated / ascending / descending. Changing the selections in the sorting dropdown doesn’t change the order of the results at all.

Developer console

When I open the developer tools, I see three errors:

browser-commons.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Invalid bookId
    at browser-commons.js:1
    at /Applications/Inkdrop.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/app/static/node_modules/redux-thunk/lib/index.js:11
    at browser-main.js:4
    at HTMLBodyElement.<anonymous> (browser-main.js:4)
    at HTMLBodyElement.__trace__ (/Applications/Inkdrop.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/app/static/node_modules/@bugsnag/browser/dist/bugsnag.js:2231)
    at t.default.dispatch (browser-main.js:4)
    at HTMLBodyElement.<anonymous> (browser-main.js:4)
    at HTMLBodyElement.__trace__ (/Applications/Inkdrop.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/app/static/node_modules/@bugsnag/browser/dist/bugsnag.js:2231)
    at t.default.dispatch (browser-main.js:4)
    at browser-main.js:4
    at EventEmitter.t (browser-main.js:4)
    at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:203)
    at Object.onMessage (init.ts:50)
/Applications/Inkdrop.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/debug/src/common.js:114 app:error Invalid file: +0ms AssistiveError: The file is too big.
debug @ /Applications/Inkdrop.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/debug/src/common.js:114
browser-main.js:4 Uncaught (in promise) AssistiveError: The file is too big.

Info

  • Platform: macOS
  • Platform version: Catalina 10.15.7
  • App Version: 5.1.1

Reproduce

This happens on every search for me.

Hi Micah,

Thank you for reporting it.
Yeah it looks like a UI bug.
But search results are basically sorted by relevance.
It cannot be changed.

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to log a feature request for sorting search results? For searches with many results, a large list sorted by an opaque “relevance” metric is not very useful.

Also, are the messages in the debug console something to be concerned about?

Yeah, sorting search results would be nice to have.
But some people prefer to be sorted by relevance.
It should deal with them as well.

The error messages are nothing to do with this issue.
Maybe another issue but I’m not sure. Please let me know if you found how to reproduce it.
“The file is too big” means that you dropped a file that is too big to attach.

Glad to know the errors aren’t related. I had thought it was referring to a note that was too big, but if you’re saying it was an attachment that causes that error, then I’m less concerned. I did drop an attachment onto a note that was rejected in the UI, so that’s not a surprise.

Sorting search results has been supported in v5.2.0-beta.1.
You can try them by installing the beta version (You have to be a paid user).

Oh man, this is great, thank you so much! This really helps me a lot with my particular workflow.

1 Like

Glad you like it!