I’m testing out Inkdrop to replace Evernote as my main note taking app.
For my testing, I’m trying out the backup and restore feature. The backup was successful as I can see the json files created in the directory where I requested the backup to be made to. However, I’m unable to restore from the backup.
I don’t get any errors when attempting to restore and it appears to go as expected. However, the notebooks and notes are cleared out and nothing is restored. Not sure what to do next.
Platform: Linux Arch
Platform version: Kernel 4.19.41-1-lts
App Version: 3.25.4
Platform version: 12.2
App Version: 2.4.3
- Create the backup to $HOME/tmp from the settings dialog
- See that there are multiple files created in the specified directory, one directory called data shows up and contains the notes I’ve created. Other directories for the notebooks are created, but they contain no data.
- Attempt to restore the backup via the settings dialog
- All data on Inkdrop is cleared, even synced to the server
- No data is restored
- Check on iOS app and the app crashes to a blank screen as there is no data on the account
- Reloading the app on Arch Linux returns to the First Notebook as if this is the first time opening the program
- On iOS at this point the app loads normally
- Attempting to reload from backup, either by selecting the $HOME/tmp or $HOME/tmp/data directories, causes for First Notebook to be cleared and iOS app crashes shortly thereafter.