Remote API access, e2ee and md import

Hi, new user here. I have several questions:

1. Is there a remote API access to the notes? I’ve already written my own python web server serving all my notes plus a SublimeText plug-in and my work computer’s Linux is not supported by Inkdrop so this is important for me.
  2. I see you can sync to your own CouchDB which is nice. What happens with end-to-end encryption? Are those notes still encrypted and if yes is there a way to access them from another app and decrypt them?
  3. Is there a way to import my current notes? They are mostly markdown plus some bash and python files. I’ve seen only an HTML importer so far.
  4. Is there a different payment method except credit card? It’s far too insecure to supply credit card info these days so PayPal or something similar is much appreciated.
    Thanks

Hi robobrata,

Thank you for the question. Here are my answers:

1. Is there a remote API access to the notes?

It’s deprecated because of e2ee.

2. I see you can sync to your own CouchDB which is nice. What happens with end-to-end encryption?

e2ee is disabled if you synced with your own CouchDB. So, it is possible to access notes via HTTP.

3. Is there a way to import my current notes?

There is import-markdown plugin for .md files.
If you would like to import other file formats, you can create your own plugins.

4. Is there a different payment method except credit card?

No, because it’s too complicated to integrate multiple payment methods as I’m developing it alone.
Inkdrop uses Stripe for card payments which is secure as they say:

https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe

Inkdrop doesn’t touch your card information and only receives a token because it uses Stripe Elements which is an iframe-based card form:

Personally, I trust Stripe to process my credit card payments (both for Inkdrop and other websites) and I work in the Information Security industry.

An alternative that I use for companies that I don’t trust (or to place limits on how much can be charged per month) is Privacy.com with their virtual credit cards.

1 Like