Problem accessing beta version

Hello,

I am on Windows 10 and was using the latest version 4.6.1.

I thought I would try out the beta version. I went to preferences and checked the beta option. Nothing happened. I assumed I needed to restart the application. I did so, and could see on my network monitor that something was being downloaded. After the download finished, nothing happened. Ok, again I assumed the program needed to be restarted. So I restarted the application. The hourglass icon showed for a second and then nothing happens.

Now if I click on the inkdrop icon that is all that will happen. Hourglass for a second, and nothing happens. i.e. inkdrop does not start. If I look in the Task Manager running applications I don’t see anything with inkdrop.

Hi Rael,

Thank you for the report.
That’s weird.
Could you try downloading it from here?
https://my.inkdrop.app/download/beta

If it still does not start, please run it from Command Prompt and see what’s going wrong.

I tried to uninstall, and then re-install 4.6.1. That worked, and then the beta also downloaded correctly (automatically) and worked this time.

I have had the same problem previously with another electron based app, so I thought others would have reported such an issue.

Anyway, for the time being I’m ok now.

Good to hear that it worked.
Sounds weird, I will keep this topic open so that other people can report the same issue.
Please let me know if you found how to reproduce it.