IPM Issue When Trying to Publish

Hi,

I’m trying to publish a patch version for my plugin, called settings-sync. However, I get the following error when running ipm publish:

$ ipm publish -t v0.2.8
(node:15596) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.
(Use `node --trace-deprecation ...` to show where the warning was created)
Publishing settings-sync@v0.2.8 failed
Creating new version failed: Failed to fetch https://api.github.com/repos/fredluetkemeier/inkdrop-settings-sync/readme?_ts=1697592236562&ref=v0.2.8: Request failed with status code 403

For some reason the README.md file fetch is failing with a status code of 403. Not entirely sure why, I don’t remember running into this issue the last time I published a plugin version.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Here’s a link to the plugin repo: GitHub - fredluetkemeier/inkdrop-settings-sync: Sync your Inkdrop plugins and settings in a GitHub gist!

I was able to successfully publish my plugin on macOS, but unable to do so on Windows 11.

It’s failing for me both in a normal installation and inside a VM.

Great to hear that you were able to publish the plugin successfully.

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. When I tried again just an hour later, everything was working again. I thought it might be a GitHub rate limit.
When I did a plugin update last week, it worked right away.

We should probably keep an eye on this if it happens more often.

1 Like

Oh okay, glad to hear it might just be that simple!

I’ll report back next time I push a new plugin version if it happens again.

1 Like

I was able to publish from Windows 11 today without doing anything different.

I think this was just a rate limiting error or something similarly transient.

╰─>$ ipm publish -t v0.0.1
(node:83673) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.
(Use `node --trace-deprecation ...` to show where the warning was created)
Registering pull-github-project ✗
Registering package in tatsuo48/pull-github-project repository failed: Failed to fetch https://api.github.com/repos/tatsuo48/pull-github-project?_ts=1700375729999: Request failed with status code 403

It’s happening in my environment too. I’ll keep an eye on it. Thank you.

ipm’s codebase is quite old now and I feel like updating it…:thinking:

1 Like

Just wanted to mention that this is happening again :melting_face:

@Tatsuo_Yokoyama Did your issue resolve after waiting as well?

Yes!
I ran it about half a day later and it worked fine.

1 Like