Ipm install Error on Arch

Bug report

So the problem I encounter is that i can’t install ipm as described on the github page

npm WARN skipping integrity check for git dependency ssh://git@github.com/kevinsawicki/jasmine-node.git 
npm WARN deprecated har-validator@5.1.5: this library is no longer supported
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.2.14: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.4.0: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.3.0: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated mkdirp@0.3.5: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
npm WARN deprecated mkdirp@0.3.5: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
npm WARN deprecated uuid@3.4.0: Please upgrade  to version 7 or higher.  Older versions may use Math.random() in certain circumstances, which is known to be problematic.  See https://v8.dev/blog/math-random for details.
npm WARN deprecated request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
npm WARN deprecated wrench@1.5.9: wrench.js is deprecated! You should check out fs-extra (https://github.com/jprichardson/node-fs-extra) for any operations you were using wrench for. Thanks for all the usage over the years.
npm WARN deprecated coffee-script@1.11.1: CoffeeScript on NPM has moved to "coffeescript" (no hyphen)
npm WARN deprecated coffee-script@1.8.0: CoffeeScript on NPM has moved to "coffeescript" (no hyphen)
npm WARN deprecated asar@0.12.1: Please use @electron/asar moving forward.  There is no API change, just a package name change
npm ERR! code 7
npm ERR! path /home/lennart/Projekte/ipm/node_modules/git-utils
npm ERR! command failed
npm ERR! command sh -c node-gyp rebuild
npm ERR! gyp info it worked if it ends with ok
npm ERR! gyp info using node-gyp@5.1.1
npm ERR! gyp info using node@20.7.0 | linux | x64
npm ERR! gyp info find Python using Python version 3.11.5 found at "/usr/bin/python"
npm ERR! gyp ERR! UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION 
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack TypeError: Cannot assign to read only property 'cflags' of object '#<Object>'
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack     at createConfigFile (/home/lennart/Projekte/ipm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/configure.js:118:21)
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack     at /home/lennart/Projekte/ipm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/configure.js:85:9
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack     at /home/lennart/Projekte/ipm/node_modules/node-gyp/node_modules/mkdirp/index.js:30:20
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack     at FSReqCallback.oncomplete (node:fs:189:23)
npm ERR! gyp ERR! System Linux 6.5.5-arch1-1
npm ERR! gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/home/lennart/Projekte/ipm/node_modules/.bin/node-gyp" "rebuild"
npm ERR! gyp ERR! cwd /home/lennart/Projekte/ipm/node_modules/git-utils
npm ERR! gyp ERR! node -v v20.7.0
npm ERR! gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v5.1.1
npm ERR! gyp ERR! Node-gyp failed to build your package.
npm ERR! gyp ERR! Try to update npm and/or node-gyp and if it does not help file an issue with the package author.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in: /home/lennart/.npm/_logs/2023-10-03T14_50_51_988Z-debug-0.log

Environment

• Platform: Arch Linux
  • Installed inkdrop with the aur package manager yay
  • Platform version: EndeavourOS Linux x86_64
  • Kernel: 6.5.5-arch1-1
  • App Version: 5.5.3-1
  • node-gyp: v9.4.0

How to reproduce

Download the ipm-repository. Navigate to the repository. Run
ipm install and the above error occurs.

What I tried

I tried reinstalling npm, nodejs. I modified the package.json and changed node-gyp to v9.4.0. The installation went further, but didnt completed either. I can post the log, if necessary.

Hi Lennart,

No, the ipm command is not meant to be installed manually via npm. It is bundled in the app binary. You don’t have to do that.
What do you try to do? Install plugin? If so, please do check the docs: