Hi,
love Inkrop, however lately I’ve been trying to use tags more heavily and I find a few things a bit troublesome, so I thought to share the feedback:

• Right-cliking on a tag in note view does not allow deleting the tag - it would be intuitive to have it here, because I usually use mouse to select the tag and hitting Delete on keyboard is an extra step.
  • when adding a tag to notes, it would be great to list tags by relevance not alphabetically - e.g. today when I search for “work”, the first results is my tag “deep work” and not “work”.
  • Is there a way to search for notes with no tags? I wasn’t able to create a search query to find all notes which are missing tags.
  • would be great to be able to multiselect tags to do bulk operations like change color or delete
  • Would it be possible to introduce drag&drop operations for tags? i.e. drag and drop a note over a tag to add a tag, or vice versa, drag and drop a note over a tag?
    This is a bit more complicated matter but I find 1 notebook and many tabs to be a simpler mental system than combining notebooks and tags, and would love to be able to drag and drop notes over tags the same way as we can with notebooks.

One extra non-tag related feedback, but I didn’t want to start a separate thread for it:

• When I create a new note, the focus goes to note title, that’s ok with me but can we please make Enter and Tab switch to note body, so that I can start taking notes more easily? switching notebooks or adding tags is a secondary problem, I want take notes most of all.
  • The same thing for when I select note - Enter or Tab should switch to note body.

Info

• Platform: Windows
  • Platform version: 10
  • App Version: 5.1.2

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. That’s so helpful to improve Inkdrop.
Let me answer each of them tomorrow!

1 Like

Right-cliking on a tag in note view does not allow deleting the tag

You are right. I’ll add it.

when adding a tag to notes, it would be great to list tags by relevance not alphabetically

That’s because it supports partial matches.
It’d be nice to switch to fuzzy matching in the future.

Is there a way to search for notes with no tags? I wasn’t able to create a search query to find all notes which are missing tags.

No. I looked into the codebase and found that SQLite3’s FTS does not support matching an empty field by design.

would be great to be able to multiselect tags to do bulk operations like change color or delete

Yeah, it would be nice to add a separate screen for managing tags more efficiently.
As it deeply depends on your workflow, I think it would be nice to be a plugin to accomplish, since I don’t personally need it.

Would it be possible to introduce drag&drop operations for tags?

That sounds nice. It would give a more intuitive way to add tags while not affecting the existing app behaviors.

When I create a new note, the focus goes to note title, that’s ok with me but can we please make Enter and Tab switch to note body, so that I can start taking notes more easily?

You can customize that behavior by setting keybindings:

'.editor-header-title-input input':
  enter: 'editor:focus'
  tab: 'editor:focus'

The same thing for when I select note - Enter or Tab should switch to note body.

Do so:

'.note-list-bar':
  enter: 'editor:focus'
  tab: 'editor:focus'

Thanks again for the feedback!

Supported adding tags and status by drag-and-drop in v5.2.0-beta.2 :tada: