Hi,
I love Inkdrop on desktop very much but the mobile app currently is a bit too cumbersome to use. I know a new mobile app is in the roadmap and big thumbs up :+1: for that. Here’s some feedback which I would love to see incorporated in the new version:

• automatic dark mode please
  • more theme support please, not only for syntax
  • in note list: pull down to search is great but should also focus to search immediately so that I can start searching
  • in note list: the create new button is in strange position and design, it should be more “iOS-like”; also, the icon looks off-center
  • in note list I would expect swipe actions, e.g. swipe note left to pin, swipe note left to duplicate, delete or something else
  • when I create a new note (e.g. by accident) and go back immediately, this creates and empty note called (Untitled)
  • creating a new note should focus on note body, so that I can start typing my note immediately
  • undo, redo, formatting, etc. buttons above the keyboard are great but should be bigger - they are hard to press at current size
  • in note view, swipe from left = go back is great; swipe from right should open the Information menu, so that I can add tags and perform more actions
  • in note view, the … button should be integrated with Information, copy note link is already in both places, it’s confusing now
  • there should be an option to use the iOS autocorrect, ideally easily turned on/off in note view
  • in left sidebar, it would be great to be able to collapse sections - for example I never use Status and have it collapsed on desktop, but I always see it on mobile

Thanks for reading, I very much look forward to the new mobile app and will be happy to beta test, if you’re looking for testers!

Info

• Platform: (iOS)
  • Platform version: 14.2
  • App Version: 4.0.2 (81)
1 Like

Let me consider and answer them next week!

• automatic dark mode please

Looks like the recent RN supports detecting dark mode. Sure.

• more theme support please, not only for syntax

I would love to do that, but it is hard in the current implementation at the moment.
I’m considering to refactor the whole UI set in the future.

• in note list: pull down to search is great but should also focus to search immediately so that I can start searching

Currently, you have to pull down the note list to start searching.
I guess not hiding the search bar by default would solve this issue.

• in note list: the create new button is in strange position and design, it should be more “iOS-like”; also, the icon looks off-center

I’d like to avoid adopting the design too much for a specific platform as it’s also for Android.
As for the icon, you are right! I’ll fix it.

• in note list I would expect swipe actions, e.g. swipe note left to pin, swipe note left to duplicate, delete or something else

Right - it’s just not implemented yet because I don’t personally need it.

• when I create a new note (e.g. by accident) and go back immediately, this creates and empty note called (Untitled)

This is intended - because the app immediately creates a new note when pushed a button.

• creating a new note should focus on note body, so that I can start typing my note immediately

That would depend on your personal preference. I need more input to decide if I should change this behavior.

• undo, redo, formatting, etc. buttons above the keyboard are great but should be bigger - they are hard to press at current size

Maybe that’s because my fingers are smaller than yours - let me check other apps to find the optimal size.

• in note view, swipe from left = go back is great; swipe from right should open the Information menu, so that I can add tags and perform more actions

It’d be nice but it requires reconstructing the current navigation. I’ll consider it if I found it would significantly improve the workflow. Improving the editor is the primary focus right now.

• in note view, the … button should be integrated with Information, copy note link is already in both places, it’s confusing now

I think those action menus like copy note link, pin to top, and duplicate note should be in the “more menu”.

• there should be an option to use the iOS autocorrect, ideally easily turned on/off in note view

It’s expected to be supported in the new native implementation of the editor.

• in left sidebar, it would be great to be able to collapse sections - for example I never use Status and have it collapsed on desktop, but I always see it on mobile

Yeah right - it’s not implemented yet.

Thanks again for the feedback!

1 Like