In Evernote or Obsidian, etc. you could open any file in the folder (which I usually set as my Google Drive folder) from within a note.
So basically, I can drag and drop a PDF/Excel/MP3/whatever else file on a note and it
- makes a link to it on the note
- when I open it on the note it opens the file
- when I save the file it saves to the Google Drive file appropriately
This means I can have notes contain
- Files related to the note
- For example, PHP files or other files related to it.
This way I can use InkDrop as a digital file cabinet to organize related code, documentation, etc. or so.
I think to support this we can use a special case for markdown links when the dragndropped object is not an image, then just save it to external folder, same with opening it.