When exporting all notes from Inkdrop, the contents of the markdown files are fine, but the metadata for the creation date will be incorrect for some exported notes.
Inkdrop has a feature to modify the creation date of a note (by changing the “Created At” metadata). So when Inkdrop exports all notes to markdown, I would expect that this changed creation date would propagate to the exports, but that’s not the case. The reason I change the creation dates of some notes is because I sometimes manually import old notes into Inkdrop that were created before I started using Inkdrop.
I suspect the export feature is using the creation date of the Inkdrop note before changing the “Created At” metadata. Having the “Export → All Notes” feature propagate all the changed creation dates would be very helpful for backup and archiving purposes. Appreciate your time.
- Platform: macOS
- Platform version: Catalina
- App Version: 5.4.3
- Open Inkdrop (presuming there are notes in there)
- Pick a random note and modify the “Created At” metadata to “2000-01-01 00:00:00” (which is clearly a date when Inkdrop didn’t exist yet)
- Go to “File → Export → All Notes…”
- Select an empty folder to export all the notes
- Open the folder in your file browser where you just exported all the notes
- Find the markdown file of the note whose “Created At” metadata you changed
- Read the file’s metadata using the file browser (you may have to adjust your file browser’s view settings to be able to see this)
Expected: The creation date of that markdown file should be something like “Jan 1, 2000”
Actual: The creation date of that markdown file is much more recent, most likely the date when that note was created in Inkdrop before modifying the “Created At” date.