Exported PDF randomly skips inline images

Bug report

During export as PDF, sometimes both the images are exported properly, sometimes the darker image is partially rendered.

Info

• Platform: macOS Mojave
  • Platform version: 10.14.3
  • App Version: (3.22.4)

Reproduce

Paste the below markdown as a note and try to save as PDF. If you try to export as PDF three times, in one of the saves the second image is not exported properly.

# Sometimes both the images are exported sometimes the darker image is partially rendered

Next are two images. You should open each one in your browser, copy them and paste through clipboard.

the image doesn't appear properly.

https://www.wired.com/images_blogs/wiredscience/2009/11/seti_code.jpg

![clipboard.png](inkdrop://file:px4deDzxx)

https://www.google.com/search?q=code+image&rlz=1C5CHFA_enIN795IN796&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=OB13vciDQObGxM%253A%252CAerQudgyuD2wXM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kStxMnbsM0V7F_WXMX3SRFT55aJuw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjfyuaekpLhAhXTEHIKHT4aDeMQ9QEwAHoECAcQBA#imgrc=gEP6nTODYBsoRM:&vet=1
![clipboard.png](inkdrop://file:TRap1Ed4t)

## When I export this note as a PDF, first image appears properly, but the second darker image is not rendered properly

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for reporting.
It seems that the app tries to convert html into pdf before finishing loading images in the internal webview.
It will be solved as I’ve fixed it in the new version of the desktop app.
For now, please export the note as html.
Thanks again!

Commit log:

Hi Takuya,

I see a similar issue. Markdown preview shows pictures correctly but if I export documents to PDF then I see only upper half of pictures. Any idea to fix it? Thank you.
Kazutaka

Preview:

Exported to PDF:

Hi Kazutaka,

Could you read my previous reply?

Thanks for the report.

Ok, thank you. Looking forwards to the new release. (Schedule already fixed?)

I can’t promise when it will be out at the moment but i’m working hard on it right now.
You can check my twitter account to see the development progress here.

1 Like

The issue has been fixed in the beta version. Thanks again for reporting!

Hi,

I think I facing similar issue, when I export to PDF cut the lines.

I’m using Inkdrop version 4.3.2

helm install --tiller-namespace=splunk-connect --name splunk-kubernetes-logging -f logging-value.yml splunk-kubernetes-logging-1.1.0.tgz

Regards,

Hi @anon68941017,

That’d be a CSS issue. Thanks for letting me know!

v4.3.3 should work as expected. Thanks again for the report, @anon68941017!

1 Like

Hi @craftzdog,

Works for mi the latest release and fixed the pdf generation, but right now I’m trying to generate another PDF and its cutting part of the images; right now I’m in version 4.6.0.

Please see the sample:

Note: I’m using the mermaid plugin for the digram.

Regards,