Console highlighting does not work

Hey guys.

I have been facing a bug related to console highlighting.

How can we highlight Bash/shell commands in a linux terminal? The example bellow is the correct way to do that in markdown but is not working correctly because inkdrop is not considering hashtag as a terminal prompt highlighting it.

# kind get clusters

# kind delete clusters kind
Deleted clusters: ["kind"]

# mkdir k8s

# cd k8s

# vim kind.yaml

In VsCode works fine:

Hi Elton,

Thanks for the question.
You can use shell instead:

Note that # is considered as comments in bash.

@Elton_Braz Can you please reply on the forum instead of replying to the email notification?

Hi Takuya.

Shell/bash/sh highlight is not the same Console highlight.

There is a huge difference between both in markdown world.

For example, If I want to save some routers and switchs consoles in code block, the shell/bash/sh highlight does not fit well in this case.

I have realize that some others highligth is not also working such as awk sintaxe.

Do you think that those highlights will be add in Inkdrop in a near future? Do you think it interested to add?

BR,
Elton Braz

Supported languages are listed below:

https://codemirror.net/mode/

So, looks like the console or sintaxe is not supported. But you can make them as plugins like lang-apache.
I’m working along with the current roadmap here, so no plans to support them at the moment.

Hi Takuya. Thank you for the quick response.

Shell/bash/sh highlight is not the same Console highlight. There is a huge difference between both in markdown world. It would be nice if console highlight were also added in the future if possible.

Thanks