Testing the trial on linux - app not starting

I tried the demo app (from a zip), that works fine and looks good.

Then I signed up for the trial and installed the deb package. Starting that does not give me a window at all, just hangs on start and shows no output.

Bug report

I run the app and get no window whatsoever, so I can’t enable developer tools

This is the console output:

# inkdrop
** Message: 10:15:39.133: Remote error from secret service: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files
  app:error Failed to start session: Error: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files +0ms
** Message: 10:15:39.142: Remote error from secret service: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files
(node:31899) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id: 1): Error: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files
(node:31899) DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
  Rollbar:error Received error: Over free plan monthly limit. Project id 57343 access token b1af6b4a263447d8963dfe2650804b29. +0ms

Info

• Platform: ubuntu
  • Platform version: 18.10
  • App Version: inkdrop_3.23.2_amd64.deb

Reproduce

install deb and start

Hi Anders,

Thank you for the report.
I guess it should be a keyring problem.
Please try:

sudo apt install gnome-keyring

Similar issue:

Yeah that works, however I use KDE+i3 and I’d like to not have that package on my system. So it’d be good if you could add something to your backlog for skipping that dependency if it’s not there :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Good to hear that.
However, the dependency on gnome-keyring is required by design.
Thanks!