Scrolling to end of note list is jittery

What I do

Go to a notebook that has a small enough number of notes big enough that I must scroll to get to the bottom, but small enough that I can actually get to the bottom :sweat_smile: for example ~30 notes would work.

Scroll in the note list view, with my touchpad, to the bottom of the list of notes.

What I expect to happen

A normal scroll event. When I reach the end of the note list, it would either stop scrolling or do that neat thing macOS does where it lets you go a little past, but snaps back when you’re done. Either way is fine.

What actually happens

When I reach the end of the note list, the very last note is about ~20px? below the edge:

53%20PM

If I continue to scroll down, the note list jumps back up ~20px and then continues scrolling down ~20px, and then jumps back up… etc.

I don’t have a great way to send you a video :thinking: although that would be best.

Other info

• Platform: macOS
  • Platform version: Mojave 10.14.6
  • App Version: 4.3.2

I was digging in a little bit more and noticed something peculiar: this issue only happens when the bottom of Inkdrop is at the very end of the screen.

I use the tool Spectacle to control window sizes. When I issue the command to “fullscreen”, this is different than the command+f on Mac that hides the top taskbar. It simply sets the application size to the maximum available pixels.

When I maximized Inkdrop, the scroll jitter happened. But if I manually reduced the vertical size of Inkdrop even a few pixels (e.g. grab the bottom and drag up a few pixels) then this scrolling issue did not happen.

(FYI: I am usually available for screen share and live debugging, if it helps!)

Hi Tobias,

Thank you for reporting it.
That’d be a react-list-related issue.
I fixed the parameters of it so can you please try this patch?

https://inkdrop-dist.s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/tmp/Inkdrop-4.3.2-Mac-patch-2.zip

v4.3.3 is out. Thank you.

1 Like

Sorry for the slow response, I installed 4.3.3 and there is not a jittery scroll at the end of the list.

Thank you! :heart: