Scroll Position saved across sessions

Info

• Platform: Fedora Linux
  • Platform version: 28
  • App Version: 4.0.0-1

Reproduce

I sometimes manage long notes that are 20-50 pages, it’s very important that when switching from one note to another I keep the same location on the previous note that I was working in, otherwise I have to scroll pages and pages to find the spot, change the part I was working on and then do this everytime I navigate away from a note.

1 Like

Hi jidar,

Thank you for the suggestion.
I understand you want to write a long notes.
But how about splitting your long notes into multiple ones?
It is basically a note-taking app and not for writing documentations.

I’m coming from another issue but it’s similar enough: the scroll position is lost when toggling distraction free mode. With this being said I want to ask you to take another look at this issue.

In my opinion, this is a required feature for long term use. Splitting nodes is not a solution. Splitting notes:

• Requires you to add tags multiple times
  • Removes context
    • No easy scrolling around
    • No easy table of code generation
    • More hassle to export as PDF
  • Topics can’t always be separated logically
  • Requires you to actively think about splitting and managing splits, adding notebooks to contain the splits, adding further distraction

I hope my arguments make sense and you rethink the issue.

Greetings
Bastian

Hi @anon79621346,

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts.

the scroll position is lost when toggling distraction free mode.

Ah that would be great to fix.

You are right and I understand, but as I said Inkdrop is not for writing long documents, it’s just out of scope.
It would be better to say no than answering “That is nice to have!” to such feature requests that I will never add and will leave them for years.
I’d like to focus on features of the current roadmap.

the scroll position is lost when toggling distraction free mode.

Fixed in v4.4.0-beta.2.