Installed via snap but cant launch

Today I tried a fresh install of Inkdrop via snap on KDE NEon (Ubuntu 18.04). Launching via GUI seems to do nothing. Launching via cli throws the error:

app:info Quit because of duplicated instance +0ms

I’ve tried killing all inkdrop processes and launching the app again but I get the same every time. Searching this forum turned up a similar issue but one that predates installation via snap, the solution was to install various missing dependencies via apt but I would have thought that this was pointless for a snap installation?

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the report.
I also have tried a fresh install on Ubuntu 18.04.1 recently and it worked fine without any additional package installation:

What dependencies were missing?

Hi, I faced to similar problem.

I gave up and used deb package. But error occured and this message make me install libgnome-keyring0.

I installed it by the following command:

sudo apt install libgnome-keyring-common  libgnome-keyring0

and then I succeeded in launching Inkdrop. Now I can use Inkdrop in snap store. Perhaps dpkg -i inkdrop.deb command may be a clue to know the necessary dependencies.

Yes, this is exactly what I ended doing in the end.

1 Like

That’s weird - libgnome-keyring0 is already a dependency of the snap package.
I’ll add about it to the docs. Thanks!

Full of enthusiasm for not having to update manually, I uninstalled the inkdrop (manuall download and install of .deb) and installed with snap. Trying to start inkdrop from the terminal I get a screenfull of errors and no app opens any window (although the inkdrop process seems to be running untill I kill it).

I would guess that the appArmor - error is somehow related to the keyring issue, but I have no idea of how to test or fix it. Anyway, it is super weird that my gnome-keyring installation was OK before, but not OK when installed via snap.

Xubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

Here’s the error messages

** Message: Remote error from secret service: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type="method_call", sender=":1.713" (uid=1000 pid=14303 comm="/snap/inkdrop/17/usr/lib/inkdrop/inkdrop" label="snap.inkdrop.inkdrop (enforce)") interface="org.freedesktop.Secret.Service" member="OpenSession" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.235" (uid=1000 pid=11572 comm="/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --daemonize --login " label="unconfined")
  app:error Failed to start session: Error: An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type="method_call", sender=":1.713" (uid=1000 pid=14303 comm="/snap/inkdrop/17/usr/lib/inkdrop/inkdrop" label="snap.inkdrop.inkdrop (enforce)") interface="org.freedesktop.Secret.Service" member="OpenSession" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.235" (uid=1000 pid=11572 comm="/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --daemonize --login " label="unconfined") +0ms
** Message: Remote error from secret service: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type="method_call", sender=":1.714" (uid=1000 pid=14303 comm="/snap/inkdrop/17/usr/lib/inkdrop/inkdrop" label="snap.inkdrop.inkdrop (enforce)") interface="org.freedesktop.Secret.Service" member="OpenSession" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.235" (uid=1000 pid=11572 comm="/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --daemonize --login " label="unconfined")
(node:14303) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type="method_call", sender=":1.714" (uid=1000 pid=14303 comm="/snap/inkdrop/17/usr/lib/inkdrop/inkdrop" label="snap.inkdrop.inkdrop (enforce)") interface="org.freedesktop.Secret.Service" member="OpenSession" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.235" (uid=1000 pid=11572 comm="/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --daemonize --login " label="unconfined")
(node:14303) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:14303) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
  Rollbar:error Received error: Over free plan monthly limit. Project id 57343 access token b1af6b4a263447d8963dfe2650804b29. +0ms

Hi Jan,

Did you allow the snap app to access keyring with following command?:

sudo snap connect inkdrop:password-manager-service
2 Likes

Thanks, that worked! :smile:

1 Like